ShoalBear's Growlings

Friday, August 04, 2006

Crocs


Crocs

OK I just can't understand this latest fad in shoes. Does no one else realize just how ugly they are?

And yet, I just placed an order for a pair. They are supposed to be comfortable enough to make up for the ugly, but let me be the first (that I know of) to say that within ten years we are going to be wondering what the hell we were thinking.

I understand the bottom of the shoe, that is where the most comfort seems to be if you ask me. But why in the name of all that is sacred must they use the same material for the top side? That is what is most visible when it comes to shoes. Why can't they make them attractive?? And am I the only one who realizes this? I know I can't be, yet everyone seems to have a pair.


Even my best friend Linda has a pair. She is the one who talked me into buying a pair. She claims that they are the most comfortable pair of shoes she ever owned. Now if you can't trust your best friend, who can you trust?

But I still question these shoes being "stylish". Who decides these things? Whoever it is needs a reality slap upside the head!

Now if anyone can explain any this to my little bear mind, I would greatly appreciate it!


6 Growlings:

    aaiiighhhhh!! My eyes! My eyes!

    LOL

    Nice to see you!

    Blogger Attila the Mom, growled at Friday, August 04, 2006 7:16:00 PM  

    Ok,my Dear friend!Please don't stop wearing the pretty high heels now and someday it won't be a choice as to wear the ugly shoes or not. But then all the podiatrists will be out of work and their children will starve.So perhaps then your right.:)I love ya bestest and mostest !

    Anonymous Anonymous, growled at Sunday, August 06, 2006 4:15:00 AM  

    ATM sorry about your eyes....I promise to not do it again....I think...

    Linda I do NOT wear heels...I haven't for years, due to my knee surgeries and my back surgery, and my ankle surgery...and you get the picture!

    Blogger KL, growled at Sunday, August 06, 2006 4:20:00 AM  

    I agree about the ugliness of those and I have no desire to wear them..but hats off to the designer/marketer of those ...They catch the attention and obviously the interest for people to want to try them on. Which leads to the purchase which puts lots and lots of money into the designers pocket.

    So from a fashion stand point I agree ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what were they thinking ? but from the "money makes the world go round " point its ...man why didn't I think of that!!

    Blogger 34quinn, growled at Monday, August 14, 2006 10:18:00 AM  

    Hi KL!
    You might remember me from other places where I'm known as KJ (but I never post that much on alt.a, so you might not).

    I bought a pair in black. They squeak, so I find them annoying. But they are pretty comfortable.

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    Blogger Miss Keeks, growled at Monday, August 14, 2006 11:20:00 AM  

    Yes,they are ugly,I would not say they are in anyway attractive.However,there are now a couple of styles that are less ugly.The warnings against high heels was pretty generic.I'm glad you haven't worn them.Hugs to you :)

    Anonymous Anonymous, growled at Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:34:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home